Saturday, June 7, 2008

Virginia or Bust - Part 4

This morning we were able to sleep in and have a nice relaxing breakfast. It was nice to have Dave's help, so I didn't have to sheep herd the kids downstairs like I did yesterday. They were getting a little wild at times in the hotel, as the kids demonstrate below.

By now, people in the hotel had started to notice us (especially when we were with cute little Will and Paige). We would occasionally hear a "see, those are the triplets I was telling you about" behind us. But overall, as the trio gets older, we are getting less of that kind of thing. Yeah!

Next, we headed back to Erynwood for Erin's outdoor graduation open house. The first order of business was to get a family picture. We haven't taken one since Lauren, Drew and Jack were 1 month old.

Schleper Pic 4 cropped

Then it was time to play and eat. They had all kinds of fun things planned outside for the kids like a bounce house, decorating sand pails, and bubbles. Here's a video of Lauren trying very, very hard to make bubbles. You can hear Jack in the background and how the sleep shortage is catching up to him.

It was hot out that day, so we let the boys take their shirts off. The hillbilly baby look really did turn Jack into J-Bob.

collage4

We left for a little while for naps, then came back for some time with just the family. Here's a group picture of all the extended family from both (Bob's and Pam's) sides of the family.

 

Pampe Simonetto Schleper

We also got our first picture of Ryan and Annie with the little guys.

IMG_7390

We hung out for a while and watched the kids play with some balloons. They showed us how they were two by throwing some temper tantrums; Jack did one right in front of the poor dog. (In their defense, they were probably 6 hours behind on their sleep for the week.) We also took pictures of each of the grandkids in their great great grandmother's rocking chair.

collage5

Then it was time to chow. (Did I mention how well we ate on this trip?) We fed the trio first in the captain's chairs. The seemed to like being up high.IMG_7412

IMG_7415

Then the adults ate. Seems like a good plan, right? Well, Jack was starting to get a little restless by this point. So while I was eating, from behind me I heard a sound like crinkling plastic wrap and then I heard, "No, no. Jack NOOOOOO!" Can you guess what happened? Jack opened the box to Erin's graduation cake and stuck his hand in it. Yep, you can't take us anywhere. I guess I did have a picture of Erin in her cap and gown afterall! It's tough to tell from this picture, but underneath the blue rose is a Jack handprint. Cake anyone?

IMG_7427

So after that fiasco, we headed outside. Pam had saved a bunch of huge boxes to make a choo choo train. Ryan hid in one and played shark attack with Will and Alyssa.

We also went out to the barn where the kids got to pet Rick (the horse) and sit on the tractor. Here's lots pictures from our day. We're sure glad Erin graduated, so we could have all this fun!

And one last video of Alyssa sitting on Rick.

God bless,

Amanda

No comments: