Do you want to hear another Mr. Mom story? Today was Alyssa's first dentist appointment. Amanda has been to every doctor's appointment with Alyssa, so she was a bit sad not to see her first date with the dentist. To my delight, the office was decorated with memorabilia from my alma mater. They had a light switch, a poster of where our basketball team played, and numerous other sports stuff. So, the dentist appointment started off pretty well.
Then, being a male caught up with me. Apparently, you are supposed to brush a 2 year old's teeth before you see a dentist. Because as I was playing with Alyssa, I noticed chunks of crackers smothered in the crevices of her teeth. She was also drinking soy milk in a sippy cup, which is a no-no to dentists because it contains sugar and is supposed to be given to kids only during breakfast, lunch, or dinner. (In my defense, we give Alyssa soy milk anytime during the day because she's sensitive to milk, and we want her to get her daily allowance of calcium.)
As beads of sweat started to form on my head, the unthinkable happened. Alyssa climbed up on a chair. No problem, right? WRONG! She climbed up the chair on the side, and it began to tip over. Of course, I was a tenth of a second too late as she fell to the ground, while being bonked on the head by the chair. Now, the sweat was really starting to roll, because about every female dental worker (there must have been at least 25 of them) came over to see what happened. I could see the pity in their eyes saying "Oh, I'm sorry little girl that your Dad is here and your Mommy isn't."
Fortunately, she wasn't hurt, and the actual dentist appointment went really well. She was quite the little ham, and I was actually told to teach her how to spit (so she doesn't swallow too much fluoride from the toothpaste)! Just like Mr. Edwards did to Laura Ingalls, I get to teach my little girl how to hock a loogy (spit). The Grandmas are gonna love that one. As we were checking out, I sat Alyssa on the counter. She did her usual cute things like saying bye bye and blowing kisses. However, she decided to let a loud stinker which vibrated the counter. Nothing like letting the world know she's my girl! I pretended to be embarrassed, but deep down I thought it was absolutely hilarious. Since she did so well, we went to McDonald's for a Happy Meal.
That's it for now. Again, please continue to pray for Amanda and the babies. Take care. Until next time...
Mr. Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment