So today I was scurrying around the kitchen trying to get lunch for all 5 of us. Alyssa had eaten most of her lunch before I sat down, and she was still hungry. So I made her a second English muffin half, and as I went over to the table to put butter on it, I opened the lid to the butter dish and was greeted with this.
I should have been mad and disciplined her right away, but I just couldn't keep a straight face with this one. The thing that really got me was that I was there the WHOLE TIME she did this; it was a perfectly normal-looking stick of butter 10 minutes earlier when I made her first English muffin half! I didn't hear the clang of the butter dish, and she didn't even utter a sneaky little giggle as she did it. I asked her if she ate it straight off the dish or if she picked it up and ate a hunk and put it back. She did the latter. Nothing like straight, plain, unmelted butter. Yum. Makes you really want to eat at our house, huh? God bless, Amanda


No comments:
Post a Comment