Today was another action-packed fun day! Aunt Pam was like our Julie on the Love Boat - our official organizer and planner. We decided that we think she has 2 thyroids, because she has so much energy! Bob and Erin worked very hard alongside her to make things so much easier on us. We so appreciate all the little things they did to accommodate us and make our trip fun!
The guys went to play golf, while the ladies and kids went to Erynwood (where Bob, Pam and Erin live) for a while. The kids had fun playing on the stairs. (Not the safest toy - I know.)
They also enjoyed petting the bird, Magic and the bunny, Peek-A-Boo.
Laurie and Paige watching the action.
Next, we headed off to the Discovery Museum. It was a great place for the kids to touch, play and explore everything in sight. We did everything from moving apples on a assembly line to testing the equipment in an ambulance to making food in a wigwam. The kids were going everywhere, but they had a great time. Here's the pictures.
One of the best parts of the trip was watching Alyssa and Will together. I LOVE these pictures of them leaving the museum.
After that, we went out for a nice lunch. I have decided that Will is a good influence on Alyssa, as she ate very well when he sat next her. One of the trio really lost it, but we won't mention any names as we were well into naptime by then. We had just pushed our luck too far.
So we headed back to the hotel, just in time for the daddies to come back from golfing and help us with getting the kids in for bed for some much needed naptime.
Then it was time to get ready for the big graduation. In the midst of the chaos, Lauren snuck into the non-childproofed room. I'm not kidding, when any of them made it inside our room, they all ran, because they knew their stay was short. Lauren made it to the phone and even showed us how the speakerphone feature worked. I didn't know that our phone did that. Thank you, Lauren. I bet she was calling security. She had to protect the streak of calling them in hotels.
Then we were off to make an appearance arrive terribly late to a wonderful lasagna dinner that Pam had made for all of us tourists. We were so late that we missed seeing Erin in her cap and gown. I'm hoping that someone can send me a good picture of that (hint hint). We did get to see Cousin Ryan (for the first time in 10 years) and meet his sweet fiance, Annie (whom we later kidnapped on the way to graduation). It was also fun to meet the other family who came in for the big event, including relatives who had never met us, but chipped in to help us buy our triple stroller. What a blessing that has been!
Here's a collage of Jack, Drew, Lauren and Paige at a table that their Great Grandma Grace had and their Daddies used to sit at it. (And no, that isn't Jack in a pink bib. You are seeing things. We would never do that.) [By the way, I highly recommend these bibs. Saves tons of time doing laundry!]
Then it was off to the graduation ceremony. Parking was a nightmare, but since we followed the lead of Cousin Ryan (who is also a police officer) we scored a great spot. Supposedly some spots were being saved for someone, but no one in an orange vest knew who, so they gave up and let us have them. Then came one of my favorite quotes from the weekend. "Where I come from, we use cones," by Ryan. It's tough to find good help, I guess.
So we arrived early to get good seats, and it worked! I soon realized, that it only took 75 minutes of trying to keep the kids quiet and happy in bleachers for me to no longer care if my kids were eating off the floor of the bleachers or not (especially when it hit past bedtime). We lost a sippy cup and some sanity, but we were so glad to get to share part of Erin's big day with her and to get to see her sing the National Anthem with the choir. Will and Alyssa had fun together, too!
Even though it's been many years since I graduated from high school, I still get goosebumps when I hear Pomp and Circumstance. I can't believe that the little girl who was the flower girl in our wedding is now a high school graduate. Thanks, Erin, for inviting us to be there on your big day! We're so proud of you!
God bless,
Amanda


No comments:
Post a Comment